To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Entombed, what is the point of the bizarre?!!

Hi,

The most current version of entombed is 1.05B, and can be downloaded from:

http://www.blind-games.com/newentombed/EntombedSetup.exe

The 1.02K version can be downloaded from the main site. it may say version
I, but it really is K.

Keith, what vbersion are you currently trying to run? And on what operating system? Knowing this might be of asistance to help you with these problems.

Still having difficulties, be sure to contact Jason directly for assistance.

Keith wrote:

begin quote.

Okay, I know I've asked bout the bizarre in the Twilight Town, but it is
really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I try to sell something, it
tells me that I cannot place that item up for sale.

end quote.

Are you getting any type of message with those items you cannot put up for
sale? Such as magical properties are too large blah blah blah. If so, try to
put the item on and take it off. For some reason items do this and putting
on and taking it back off seems to fix it. Especially if it was previously
worn by a skeleton.

Begin quote.

Then, when I try to buy something, (I have no trade coins, an exchange rate would be nice to convert gold coins to trade coins, for a price of course, a
merchant has to make a profit after all, right?).

end quote.

Sorry, no conversion is necessary or warranted. Just keep putting up items
that anyone would buy and you will soon have more tc than you need. it might take some time though. Magical items seem to sell better than others. But a
really good weapon will sell fairly quickly. As long as it wasn't found on
the floors below 20. Those items don't sell very well. Excellent and
legendary weapons can be an exception to this. Find something really good to
sell, save your game. Go to town and put it up for sale. then reload the
game. You will have it up for sale and still have it to use. Of course this is if you even need such an item. And then wehn it sells, put it back up for
sale to sell again. Sell really good items multiple times.

begin quote.

Anyway, I try to see if there are any items from a specific category, and I
get that exception window that pops up and has the details button, a
continue button, and a cancel button. If I click on details, it crasshes the
game, and drops me to the desktop. If I click cancel, it does the same
thing. If I click continue, it just brings me back to the bizarre window.

end quote.

Really strange. I occasionally get this, but not all the time. Just keep
trying to continue and see if you get around this.

Begin quote.

If this "interaction" with the game requires me to connect to the internet, and I am patched into the internet with an ethernet cable, why am I getting
this error, every time I try to use the bizarre?

end quote.

Yes, you must be connected to the internet to interact with twilight town.
Why you are having this difficulty I am not sure of.

begin quote.

I'm figuring I should just ignore the bizarre, and try to tromp through the dungeon until the items in the general store change. But, it seems that the
monsters are a lot more difficult than I remember them being on level 5. I
am in massive need of hearling potions to hearl mangled limbs. Nothing is
worse than trying to fight with two mangled hands.

end quote.

yep, nothing worse. Unless your character is magical then its not so bad.
But avoiding town would not be a good idea. You get some needed potions and
scrolls from the general store. And well needed armor and weapons from the
bazaar.

Good luck.

If you need additional help, feel free to contact me off list. or don't
forget about the entombed group on yahoo groups. Could really get some good
advice and assistance there.

Shermanator
Richard Sherman
squir...@gmail.com