Hi Paul,

Actually, the torrent sites really aren't getting around the law with
those disclaimers any longer. Thanks to the SOPA and PIPA acts the
film and music industry tried to push through Congress a lot of U.S.
internet service providers are going to be putting software in place
to track their customers internet activities and will report on them
to law enforcement if they download music, movies, and electronic
books from torrent sites. It is unknown if this is simply another
scare tactic, but the fact of the matter is law enforcement and
governments are beginning to crack down on torrent file sharing and
will most likely make a few examples before they are through. Those
disclaimers probably won't be enough to keep the F.B.I. from breaking
down people's doors and arresting them for piracy, but the fact of the
matter is I'm not sure how secure anyone is with or without a
disclaimer.

Cheers!