To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Ouya: a new,Android-based open platform gaming console.

Hi Yohandy,

As a developer I definitely think the Ouya project has promise. They
have decided to build their technology on an open source platform,
based it on open source standards, and opened the platform up to
independent developers. This is good because the indi developers have
been locked out of the console market for far too long simply because
the big boys like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have absolute control
of what gets developed and published for their respective consoles not
to mention require expensive licenses to develop for their platforms.
Apple's iOS devices are more open to indi developers, but even there
it goes through a board who approves or rejects the app based on
quality and standardization.It looks like Ouya will allow an old
hacker like myself to code whatever I want and run it on the console
without all that hassle. So it shows promise.

Cheers!