you'll need a mud client, like mush z, the best thing to to is to go to aleteraeon.org and then check out the info on that website. There is also a walkthrough for the first 10 or so quests that will allow you to level up and get used to doing things in the game pretty easily.

HTH

Keith
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kimberly Qualls" <kimberly021...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Alter Aeon question

Okay y'all,  my son starts school tommorrow, so I'm going to start
this whole "learning the computer" thing by playing games...Seems to
be the best way, and fun...I'm going to start with AA...Like Sharon,
though, I'd like to start alone, instead of in a group...I figure I'd
rather embarrase myself, BY myself...lol...I know I'll need to
download the MUD, but will I also need a MUSH Z Client, also?...I am
using W7, 64, with JAWS 13.09, for now...I do intend to learn NVDA,
depending on how all of this goes...So, that's about it...Just what
I'll neeed to start the game, and I'll get on it as soon as the bus
leaves...Thanks for all of your help, you just don't know how much I
appreciate it...Happy Monday...(smile)