Hi there.

Use the format 1.item 2.item 3.item to address things with similar names.
This works for items on the ground or in your inventory or in containers or
in lists of shops or donations rooms. So for example if you have 3 rings in
your inventory and you want to wear the 2nd one then use the command wear
2.ring. The game does not choose the best one for you if you are holding
multiple items when you use the wear command if you just type wear ring it
will wear the last ring that came into your inventory. For example if you
picked up a ring from the ground and then removed one of the rings you were
wearing and then took a ring out of your bag and then typed wear ring it
would select the one you took out of your bag as this was the last one to
enter your inventory.

To see what you are wearing you can type the eq command which will list what
you are wearing. If you want to id an item to get the full stats you will
need to remove it.

I am afraid I find the compare command fairly useless to be honest as it is
not a complete comparison of all the properties of the items being compared.
I find there is no substitute for removing the ring and making a note of the
full stats using the id command or spell and then looking at the other item
using the id command or spell again to work out which item is best for you.
Developing an understanding of the properties of items and which are better
or worse is a key part of Alter Aeon as the equipment you are wearing and
the weapons you use etc. can make all the difference to how easy or hard you
will find  gameplay.

You can use the tell command to send an instant communication to any player
who is logged in. If someone sends you a tell then you can respond using the
reply command and you do not need to specify the character name as it will
reply to the last person who telled you. If you are standing in a room with
someone you can use the say command to simply say something out loud but be
warned that all players in the room will hear this. Other methods of
communicating between players include mudmail, friend lists and using
channels. For tips on using these check out the help topics within the game
or if you have specific questions feel free to ask them here.

Hope this has been of some help.

Paul A.K.A. Asclepius-----Original Message-----