Hi Tom.

I agree on the topic structure being good in forums, though in fairness deleting messages in a thread I'm not interested in on a mailing list isn't too much trouble either.

Just as an informational point however, when looking on the index, the general "new" link at the top will indeed give you all new topics on the forum, however next to each forum room there is a link labled "new posts" that will give you just the new posts in that room.

this is as I said why i am a fan of the Punbb system, since it doesn't have a load of random pointless links to navigate all over the place the way some forums I've seen do, much less when reading posts, and the links it does have are actually usefull ones.

Beware the Grue!