On 01/10/2012 06:17 PM, Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
Hello,

Introduce the rbd disk template, which handles provisioning and
management of instance disks as block devices mapped to rbd volumes
on a RADOS cluster.
Thanks for sending the patch.

After fighting with a couple of ceph/rbd bugs, today I managed to set
up a fully operational ceph cluster. Instance creation works, but
burnin does not: can you please tell me which commit ID did you base
your tests on? I want to make sure I debug an RBD issue and not
something unrelated.
Hello Andrea,

burnin doesn't work for two reasons:

1. Grow disks hits the assertion mentioned on the first mail.
   For that, i just sent a oneline patch that fixes the problem.
2. During failover the iallocator is called and the rbd template
   is not being recognized as a valid DiskTemplate. As mentioned
   by Vangelis in his previous mail, htools should be accordingly
   adjusted. Even so, someone would expect that when running burnin
   with the -n option the iallocator wouldn't be called at all,
   but this doesn't seem to be the case.

The commit ID on top of which the rbd patch is implemented is:
43f52ae3b93e072821d1ba57f03d2099b276ba05

I'll be sending a patch for rbd right after running "make lint" soon.

Regards,
Constantinos