On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 02:32:30AM -0800, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
> Ho ho ho,
>
> Santa just released version 3.0.4 of Ganglia. This is mainly a bugfix
> release. See the ChangeLog in the tarball for a complete list of
> changes.

thanks Santa, and I got to be the first kid that went to the sourceforge
tree for the nicely wrapped package :) which was far nicer than that Wii that
Matt is probably still waiting to get a hold of.

since I was running tests on the last SVN anyway, I got some more platforms
where gmond/gmetric (and therefore libmetrics) were tested (*):

* Gentoo Linux 2006.1 (amd64), Fedora Core 6 (i386)
* Solaris 9 (sparc), Solaris 10 (i386, amd64 and sparc)
* NetBSD 2.0.2 (i386), NetBSD 3.0 (i386), NetBSD 3.1 (i386, amd64)
* FreeBSD 6.1 (amd64)

> This is the first release based on the SVN repository. It was taken at
> SVN revision 695. And now I have to learn how to create a tag ....

for creating tags in SVN we just need to create a tags directory and copy the
tree to it as explained in :

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/re07.html

as for the tag name and the location, Matt's advice in the developer page from
when the repository was on CVS would recommend "MONITOR_CORE_3_0_4_RELEASE",
but that is probably too CVS centric and the following might be more standard
to the "svn" way :

  svn copy https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/trunk/monitor-core \
    https://svn/sourceforge.net/svnroot/ganglia/tags/monitor-core-3.0.4

Carlo

(*) there are still some metrics that need to be adjusted IMHO, but will be
working on those with the users for 3.0.5.  my tests included also OpenBSD 4.0
(i386, amd64) which I will be committing and opening for user test now as well.