Hi Alex:

> A clean_int() function would allow $showhosts to be 2, 3, 4, etc.
> which are also bad values.  Not likely to be harmful, but still bogus.
>
> Since $showhosts has only 2 legitimate values, what about filtering it
> as a boolean, and casting it to int when needed, like in
> cluster_view.php?

Sure, please submit a patch.

BTW, I am going to check in the patches for trunk, however, I will
rename clean_float() to clean_number() since the function name and the
comment seems a bit misleading based on its call to is_numeric (i.e.
it is not really checking whether it is a valid float, just a valid
number).

Cheers,