On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:39:48AM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   I think I have everything working now using your patches.

got a fair number of conflicts when merging them back with the most
interesting ones being :

1) I rearranged some of the values for GCFLAGS/GLDADD/GLDFLAGS out of the if
STATIC_BUILD because they were the same in both branches.  presume you would
rather have them explicitly duplicated for code clarity purposes?.  I was
considering that in the long run the only difference should be with GLDFLAGS
having "-static" or something simpler than that replacing all them but I am ok
with whatever intermediate step makes more sense for now; but wanted to be
sure that there were no merge errors as for example the current
gmond/libganglia Makefiles seem to have only the APR headers included when
--enable-static-build is not used and so if the apr library is installed in
/usr and --with-libapr is not used it will break.

2) why are we recommending installing libapr from source in cygwin when there
is an apr1 package that could be installed instead?, does that somehow fix the
broken module symbols that prevent gmond to start in cygwin?

>  I am just doing some final testing before checking everything in and
> removing /srclib completely.

what checks did you run?, the patches I provided passed (with and without
--enable-static-build)

1) gentoo linux amd64 with all dependencies installed from portage
2) windows vista premium x86 will all dependencies installed from cygwin except
for libconfuse that was build from sources and therefore required the use of
--with-libconfuse (tested installed in /usr/local and uninstalled)

they all build fine (except from some noisy warning because I was not using
--enable-status), but cygwin wasn't able to run gmond (not a regression, as
it has been there since the modular metrics AFAIK)

Carlo