Dear all:

Here's the release plan for the upcoming 3.1 release.

I believe all the important, show-stopping backport proposals in the
STATUS file for 3.1 branch have already been processed and voted on.
So all the remaining backport proposals will be moved from "BACKPORT
PROPOSALS" to "BACKPORT PROPOSALS NEXT VERSION" except for
documentation patches.

As for...

* gmond: avoid latency and timeouts when using the tcpconn python module

If this causes issues, we could just turn it off by default and put in
documentation about its potential pitfalls on certain platforms.

Let's get this done by Friday and roll out a beta.  We'll test this
for a week, and roll out RC1, RC2, etc. etc.

Regards,