Hi Daniel:

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:

> That's great, I'll do that.  Looking at the documentation and the SVN
> actions concerning the 3.1.2 release, I can see most of what needs to be
> done.  However, is there anywhere that the steps are itemised in more

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ganglia/wiki/how_project_works

This is general overview of how the project works, may not go into too
much detail about the role of the release manager...

> detail, particularly things to do when updating the changelog (both STATUS
> file and spec file) and other documentation?

changelog: typically the release manager goes through the check-ins
and highlights important bugfixes/new features to be included in the
email.  When a GA is ready, then I will paste the same details to the
SF.net release notes.  The Wiki page's most recent release notes
should be updated as well.

STATUS: typically you don't need to modify it -- backports that do not
make the freeze cut will stay there.  BTW, it looks like Carlo has
already decided the name for 3.1.3:

  1970    carenas     3.1.3(avenger)    : In Development
  1970    carenas     3.1.2(langley)    : Released: Feb 17, 2009

spec file: you don't need to manually modify it -- just up the release
version in configure.in and it'll automatically pick up the new
release version.  Make sure you modify $GANGLIA_SNAPSHOT to "no" prior
to tagging and back to "yes" after tagging.

I'll be on IRC (irc.freenode.net #ganglia) for the next little while
so feel free to drop by if you have any other questions.

Cheers,