Hello,

I am looking at mechanisms to save energy on ganglia clusters. I was
wondering if there is any ongoing or previous work in this regard. The
idea is essentially to put Idle machines to sleep and wake them up
(perhaps using wake-on-lan) when there is a job to be run on the node
(using Gexec). While GMond will make the decision as to whether (and
when) to put the machine to sleep, Gexec will perform appropriate
scheduling based on the power-performance tradeoff that the user
provides.

Also, where can I find statistics about the largest Ganglia clusters?
This is basically for knowing whether Ganglia production clusters are
large enough so that we can add scheduling logic that appropriately
turns off machines which are spatially together, so that the HVAC
resources for the particular area can also be turned off (further
saving energy).

Thank you,
--
Prashanth Mohan