Hi Michael:

I don't think the current frontend code supports what you want without
some major hacking.  The frontend expects the user to view the "grid"
as multiple clusters and the "cluster" as multiple hosts.

A common feature request is to have hosts arbitrarily cluster/group
based on different criteria (eg. function, geographical location,
etc.)

Perhaps Vladimir can incorporate some of these ideas in his frontend
re-write.  But some fundamental changes may need to be made in the
gmond level...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bernard