Hi all:

Reviving this old thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04615.html

As we are close to creating the 3.2 branch from the code in trunk, I'd
like to get this cleaned up.

It doesn't look like this soname encoding convention in libganglia's
version name has really benefited us in the past couple years, I'm
planning to remove it from our spec file.  We'll probably need to add
some obsolete macros.

Thoughts?

Cheers,