On 2012-08-02 17:41, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> b) we don't have the old branches (at least I can't see them)

This in principle is the least disruptive to fix.  The svn repos tag
revisions can be matched with the right commits in the git repo on
github, and then tagged after the fact. Ideally this would be done with
whatever mechanism did the original import so the exact commit hashes
line up.

> Maybe it's a long shot, but maybe it is possible to extract from SVN
> again, rebase all the new work on top of it, and push that up to github?

> I believe scripts exist for amending the authors

Either approach is equivalent to rebasing a public branch has the same
impact to everyone using the repository.  Rebasing is about as traumatic
as a move from svn --> git.  git-filter-branch is the nice wrapper for
renaming authors or otherwise editing commit meta-data.