I have run into an issue caused by the libtool configuration in the ganglia
source build of 3.7.2 and am looking for some help.

My system has ganglia installed from the OS DVD in the default location.  I
also have a test build that I'm running from a separate location using the
--prefix option passed to configure.  In my test build, libtool is adding a
-rpath option that prefers to find files in /usr/lib64 *before* looking in my
install location which is not what I need since I've changed libganglia.  This
only is a problem if you have a libganglia.so* in both locations - which
unfortunately my system has.

Here is what a link looks like if you are curious:
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 ... -lpthread
libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 ... -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/opt/ganglia_brent/lib64

I only saw one option about rpath in libtool, but modifying it didn't change
things for the better.  I attempted to dive into the code that actually
constructed the rpath and quickly became confused.

I was able to work around the problem by setting LDFLAGS during the configure
phase, but it lead to the generation of the Makefiles taking multiple steps -
once during the configure, and again during the first make.  In case others are
curious, here is what I did:

% env LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath,/opt/ganglia_brent/lib64 ./configure --with-gmetad
--prefix=/opt/ganglia_brent
% make

With this I'm off and running with the correct libraries, but I'm hoping there
is a better way to address this issue.  Any thoughts?

thanks!

brent