didier-

i need to add a section in the documentation talking about this since it
seems to be a common question.

when you use...

mcast_if eth1

.. in /etc/gmond.conf that tells gmond to send it data out the eth1
network interface but that doesn't necessarily mean that the source
address of the packets will match the eth1 interface.  to make sure that
data sent out eth1 has the correct source address run the following...

% route add -host 239.2.11.71 dev eth1

... before starting gmond.  that should do the trick for you.  please let
me know if this fixes your problem.

good luck
-matt

Today, didier wrote forth saying...