yemi-

you shouldn't have any problem running in safe mode.. except that you
will need to explicitly state the path to the rrdtool binary in the
"safe" configuration.  otherwise, php will not allow it to be run. (i
can't remember exactly how that is done but i've seen it bounced around
the list).

as you say, we don't rely on register_globals.  that security concern
isn't an issue with ganglia.

-matt