All,

a swiss consultancy has implemented a native windows gmond, and the
binaries
are in the public domain and free. Follow the trail here:
http://aprconsulting.ch/product.htm
I believe they are also offering ganglia consulting, support, and
customisations for a fee.
This daemon is much better because of the extra metrics, and because it
is a native
windows service. With the existing gmond, missing or zero metrics were
actually cygwin's fault,
not gmond.

These are the extra metrics they have compared to the gmond-cygwin one:
    name = "proc_run"
    name = "proc_total"
    name = "mem_free"
    name = "mem_shared"
    name = "mem_buffers"
    name = "mem_cached"
    name = "swap_free"
    name = "bytes_out"
    name = "bytes_in"
    name = "pkts_in"
    name = "pkts_out"
    name = "disk_total"
    name = "disk_free"
    name = "part_max_used"
   name = "sys_cpu_queue_len"
   name = "mem_pages_sec"
   name = "mem_committed_bytes"
   name = "phys_disk_bytes_sec"
   name = "phys_disk_time"

It all seems to work just fine, although the disk stat's caused a
problem on one of
my hosts. If gmond exits, try turning off some disk metrics.

The final point is that as the extra metrics are binary coded, it should
be deployed
in an all or nothing way per cluster. (Well maybe there can be some
mixing, so
long as the headnode is the APR daemon.

cheers,
Richard
For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the
Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email
may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.