We're in the process of pulling together a team to write an O'Reilly eBook
on Ganglia.

Here's a rough idea of some of the topics we could cover

   - Ganglia's components and overall architecture
   - Typical deployment configurations including simple steps for verifying
   an installation (e.g. unicast/multicast, single cluster/multiple
   distributed clusters/datacenter)
   - Navigating and using the new web interface
   - Tips for extending ganglia's functionality (e.g. gmetric, modules)
   - Common integration points (e.g. Hadoop metrics, Nagios)
   - A simple step-by-step checklist for debugging common ganglia issues
   with pointers to our web site, mailing lists, irc channel, etc.
   - Supported platforms and core metrics (e.g. Ganglia on AIX, Linux Power
   systems)
   - Scaling to clusters > 1000 nodes
   - Using Ganglia in mixed environments
   - Ganglia in the enterprise
   - Development of custom modules

What are the things you would be most interested in?  Are there other
topics you'd like to see covered?

-Matt
Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011