On 02/23/2016 04:57 PM, Vladimir Vuksan wrote:
> Another thing to try is to switch over to using TCP for rrdcached
> connections since that avoids contention on the rrdcached socket and
> should avoid some of the permissions issues. For example I am using
> following options
>
> OPTS=" -t 60 -w 180 -z 180 -F -s ganglia -m 664 -l 127.0.0.1:9998 -s
> ganglia -m 777 -P FLUSH,STATS,HELP -l unix:/tmp/rrdcached.limited.sock
> -b /var/lib/ganglia/rrds -B -p /var/lib/ganglia/rrdcached.pid
Hi! Thank you for advice! but after switching to tcp now i have a
problem with this :

Feb 26 18:23:55 monitor /usr/sbin/gmetad[16225]: RRD_update
(/export/ganglia/rrds/__SummaryInfo__/multicpu_wio4.rrd): absolute path
names not allowed when talking to a remote daemon

i have this structure for options :
OPTS="-b ${RRDS_DIR} -B -R -F -j ${RRDCACHED_JOURNAL_DIR} -w
${RRDCACHED_WRITE_TIMEOUT} -z ${RRDCACHED_WRITE_DELAY} -f
${RRDCACHED_WRITE_OLDTIMEOUT} \
-t ${RRDCACHED_WRITE_THREADS} \
-s ${RRDCACHED_USER} -m ${SOCKPERMS} -l ${SOCKET1} \
-s ${RRDCACHED_USER_LIM} -m 777 -P FLUSH,STATS,HELP,INFO -l ${SOCKET2}"

RRDCACHED_USER* is ganglia and the PID file is set up in the init file...
in the end i had to return to my old setting and because the graphs are
not seen by ganglia-web if limited sock is used, i had to use the full
sock..

> In the gmetad.conf you can then add
>
> rrdcached_address 127.0.0.1:9998
this did not worked, i had to use :
RRDCACHED_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1:9998

btw : why is this setting on different file than gmetad.conf?
Couldn't/shouldn't be in gmetad.conf?

Thank you!
Adrian

> Vladimir
>
> 02/23/2016 u 09:34 AM, Adrian Sevcenco je napisao/la:
>> On 02/22/2016 10:32 PM, Grigory Shamov wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have updated Gmond/Gmetad to 3.7.2 on our Ganglia server that uses also
>>> RRDCached.
>>> It used to work, and configuration didn't  change, but bow metrics do not
>>> get into the graphs anymore.
>>> In the logs there is a lot of messages about permissions, and a new kind
>>> of message about imuxsock thing:
>>>
>>> Feb 22 13:18:40 host /usr/sbin/gmetad[3554]: RRD_update
>>> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/Grex/__SummaryInfo__/rx_bytes_ib0.rrd): rrdcached:
>>> Permission denied.
>>> Feb 22 13:18:40 host rsyslogd-2177: imuxsock begins to drop messages from
>>> pid 3554 due to rate-limiting
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you very much in advance!
>> I had the same problem (and partially i still have one) ..
>> So :
>> 1. that "drop messages" message is because of the write errors .. you
>> can ignore that
>>
>> 2. the problem is with rrdcached .. i tried with making part of group
>> ganglia, change ownership of rrds to ganglia:rrdcached but had the same
>> errors ... in the end i had to make the rrds dir 777 and i get rid of errors
>>
>> 3. ganglia web does not function with the rrdcached limited socket so i
>> had to use the same full socket that gmetad use ... i hope that nothing
>> bad will happen but i have no other choice...
>>
>> HTH,
>> Adrian

>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140

Adrian Sevcenco, Ph.D.                       |
Institute of Space Science - ISS, Romania    |
adrian.sevcenco at {cern.ch,spacescience.ro} |