To: ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net
From: vli...@veus.hr
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 09:47:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Fine grained monitoring problem

    Hi Theofilos,

      by default gmetad polls gmonds every 15 seconds and inserts them
      into RRDs. You can attempt to change that by adding the polling
      interval e.g. 1-3 seconds in gmetad.conf. To do so you would add
      it after the grid name e.g.

      data_source "my grid" 50 1.3.4.7:8655

      sets polling period of 50.

      This all said polling period of 1 second may be a bit too
      aggressive depending on the size of your cluster.

      Vladimir

      04/08/2016 u 05:47 AM, theofilos moyratidis je napisao/la:

        I have a cluster and I
            want to get metrics every 1-3 seconds, to benchmark some
            algorithms on spark.
        I’ve set the data_source
            “my cluster name” 1 hosts…. (multicast).
        The UI on the hours tab,
            gives me the results in every 12 seconds, that’s too chunky
            for what I want to accomplish.
        I used the rrdtool
            export –step 1 etc… and I don’t get the results every
            second.
        What did I wrong?