It's the smart move.  Tessio was always smarter.

Whoops.  Inappropriate Godfather reference.

Actually, I don't think it's all that smart a move.  Hell, Mississippi State
can't even recruit their own state well.  They have to compete against Ole
Miss, now with Houston Nutt, as well as a lot of out-of-state programs.
Mississippi State is probably the last choice of a lot of in-state athletes.

The person who I actually thought handled this type of move well was Stoops.
IIRC, the year before he went to Oklahoma, he was courted by his alma mater,
Iowa, but decided to spend another year at UF, and wait for a better
opportunity.  He didn't think the Iowa people were prepared to spend the
resources needed to develop a winning program. 

I'd say he did well.

Now, we need to beat his brains out.

Go Gators!!!!

Ken B. (NYC Gator)



-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Woody (via wireless)
Sent: 12/10/2008 2:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: According to ESPN: Mullen to Mississippi State


I actually thought it would be Charlie to be honest.

Woody (via wireless)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gatornet Admin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 12/10/2008 2:20 PM
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: According to ESPN: Mullen to Mississippi State

Sigh... It was bound to happen to either him or Charlie. I just hope he
sticks around until after the BCS game.

Randy

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Woody 
  To: Gatortalk 
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:02 PM
  Subject: [gatortalk] According to ESPN: Mullen to Mississippi State


  Sooooooo...  hows everyone feel about this?

  Woody

  








--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to