Ed,

I agree.. but heres the problem. Kyle Whittingham I believe was the OC when  
Meyer was at Utah. I believe the OC that was at Bowling Green under  
Meyer... stayed at Bowling Green when Meyer left. Now Mullen is going to  
Miss St. Everyone who RAN this particular offense............ has moved on.  
Mullen was always the common denominator.

Now am i saying we are doomed... no... I think we'll see little different  
version of what we are running though. Im not sure I foresee a total  
overhaul. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a lil more "typical nfl" style  
offense going forward or a hybrid thereof.

And I think Jerry is right though... a NFL caliber QB coach will help..  
especially with recruiting because they are saying over and over again that  
Tebow will be forever compared to Alex Smith and it will hurt him in the  
draft. Even though I dont think there is really any comparison between the  
two... I personally think Tebow is a much better QB than Alex Smith was...

Woody

On Dec 10, 2008 11:04pm, Ed Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> As long as Meyer is the head coach, any OC that
>
> comes in would most likely have to be capable of running Coach Meyer's
>
> offense. Therefore, TT or any other QB would not have to deal with much
>
> change other than the personality of the new OC.
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
>
> From:
>
> Jerry
>
> Belloit
>
>
> To: [email protected]
>
>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:55
>
> PM
>
>
> Subject: [gatortalk] Re: Rumors of Strong
>
> to UCF
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> While
>
> I suspect we will hire a certain former QB to come in to be a QB coach, it
>
> might be a good opportunity go after a good former NFL QB who might want  
to
>
> get into coaching.
>
>
>
>
>
> Also
>
> for Tim, it might be better for him to work with someone else to polish  
his
>
> throws and quicken his releases.
>
>
>
>
>
> Jerry
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: [email protected]
>
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:23
>
> PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [gatortalk] Re:
>
> Rumors of Strong to UCF
>
>
>
>
>
> I think its certainly an
>
> x-factor in the back of Timmy's mind for sure. I hate to even suggest  
it.. but
>
> if we have a total outside that Tebow is not familiar with (and vice  
versa)..
>
> and we know with pretty good certainty that Brantley is the next guy in
>
> line... it may work out to UF's benefit for Brantley to have a couple of  
years
>
> under the same guy.
>
> Not saying I WANT that to happen.. I would LOVE
>
> Tebow to come back... but for the most part.. wouldnt he have to start all
>
> over again with a new OC? I dont see him wanting to go through that. If  
its a
>
> insider thats promoted (i think perhaps unlikely)... he would probably  
stay...
>
>
>
> Woody
>
>
> On Dec 10, 2008 4:06pm, Gatornet Admin
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Tebow
>
> and Mullen are very tight. This might work against us and push Tebow
> >
>
>
> >
> > to the NFL.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Randy
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message
>
> -----
> >
> >
> > From: "Charlie.."
> >
> >
> >
>
> To: "Gatortalk-list"
> >
> >
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 10,
>
> 2008 3:49 PM
> >
> >
> > Subject: [gatortalk] Rumors of Strong
>
> to UCF
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> > >
> >
> >
> > > Rumors are floating are around
>
> that O'leary will be fired at UCF and
> >
> >
> > > Strong
>
>
> >
> >
> > > is the favorite to replace him. If true I
>
> expect McCarney to be named DC.
> >
> >
> > > McCarney has
>
> been looking around also as he interviewed at New Mexico.
> >
> >
>
>
> > >
> >
> >
> > > Charlie
> >
> >
>
>
> > >
> >
> >
> > >
> >
> >
> > >
>
>
> >
> >
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> >
> >
>
>
> >
>
>
>
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to