OMG!!!  That was something powerful from someone who is not a Gator.  He even 
makes opponents believe in him.  No, he's not Superman and he's not Jesus 
Christ, but he is one truly dedicated young man.  I wish he's marry one of my 
daughters :-)!!!

Wanda
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Kelly Tom 
  To: Tim Kelly ; Cary & Sally Center ; Barber Kevin 
  Cc: Gatortalk 
  Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:32 AM
  Subject: [gatortalk] Fwd: An Alabama Fan Speaks


  This is powerful. 

  Sent from my iPhone


    What I saw in Atlanta" by an Alabama Fan


    I saw the third quarter. I saw Tebow get sacked. I saw Florida go 3 and 
out. I saw the Tide go 91 yards in workman like fashion. I saw a helpless UF 
defense. I saw Bama tie the game. I saw UF respond by missing their only FG of 
the season. I saw Bama march again. I saw a UF team that was beat. I saw a 
defense with hands on hips gasping for breath getting absolutely trucked. I saw 
an Alabama team rolling downhill through Gator players. I saw the UF players 
give all that they had left to keep Bama out of the end zone. I saw the Tide 
take the lead heading into the 4th quarter. I saw the end of a championship 
dream. 


    No way could the UF defense recover from the extended pounding they had 
just endured. With two DTs out there was simply no reserve left to call upon to 
stem the Tide. All that had been claimed pregame by the Crimson and White 
faithful about how their lines would wear UF down and control the game had come 
true. There was no hope. 

    And then things changed. I saw Tebow rally his offensive teammates and take 
them down the field. Run after run after run after run after run and they had 
Bama on their heels at their own 27. A throw a run and a throw and Tim has UF 
on the doorstep. Two more runs and Demps is leaping in the endzone. Florida has 
wrested the lead away and hope is reborn, dreams live again. 

    But this was not enough. Tebow leads this team, this university, not just 
its offense. He comes down the sideline toward the end zone where the Gator 
fans are thickest and exhorts them to cheer, to roar, to believe. He turns and 
runs to the special team players huddled for the upcoming kick. He slams into 
their huddle like a bowling ball knocking aside so many pins. He urged them to 
make the stop, to finish the play. And they did. He turns to the bench and gets 
in the face of his defensive teammates and makes his will theirs. He inspires 
them, he challenges them, he leads them. They face the same Bama players who 
had owned them in the third quarter, who had worn them down and controlled 
them. They faced those same Bama players and they stuffed them. Julio Jones who 
had tormented the Gators all afternoon saw a pass come his way only to have Joe 
Haden drill him so that the ball fell harmlessly to the ground. Julio would 
never see another pass. They held the line and stopped Coffee for a short gain. 
They crushed the line that had moved them at will and finally sacked Wilson. 
With the game on the line they had stuffed Bama for a 3 and out. 


    Then Tim Tebow went out to win himself and the University of Florida a 
championship. Two runs and it was 3rd and short. Tebow keeps it, meets Mount 
Cody in the hole and carries all 360 pounds of him for the first down. Tebow 
throws for 33, Tebow throws for 15, Tebow runs for 5. Bama is done. Tebow 
throws the last five yards to Riley Cooper on a pass that had no room for 
imprecision resulting in the TD that made dreams into reality. I have never 
seen a single player so impose his will on both his teammates, his opponents 
and the crowd as Tim Tebow did in that fourth quarter. I am in awe. His 
teammates understand. Carl Moore: "You knew he was going to lead us to 
victory," Louis Murphy: "I have never doubted him. He's our quarterback." Jeff 
Demps: "That's Tim Tebow. That's what he does, He's been putting us on his 
shoulders ever since the Ole Miss game, but I've never seen him like he was 
today." His opponents understand too. Rashad Johnson: "He kept those guys 
motivated. He kept them in the game when they had the opportunity to give up 
and wouldn't let them." Terrence Cody: "You give him a chance, and he's going 
to beat you," 

    He's not Superman. He's not unbeatable. But he will never give less than 
everything he has and he will never shy away from a challenge. He is the best 
team leader I have ever seen in college sports. He willed a victory for UF, not 
on his own, but by giving his teammates the strength to believe and an example 
to follow. And that they did.



    ...and THAT is why Tebow should win the Trophy.

















    The preceding email message may be confidential or protected by the 
attorney-client privilege. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt 
by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this message in error, 
please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to the sender that you received the 
message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy the message. Legal advice 
contained in the preceding message is solely for the benefit of the Foley & 
Lardner LLP client(s) represented by the Firm in the particular matter that is 
the subject of this message, and may not be relied upon by any other party. 

    Internal Revenue Service regulations require that certain types of written 
advice include a disclaimer. To the extent the preceding message contains 
advice relating to a Federal tax issue, unless expressly stated otherwise the 
advice is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the 
recipient or any other taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding Federal tax 
penalties, and was not written to support the promotion or marketing of any 
transaction or matter discussed herein.

    tent the preceding message contains advice relating to a Federal tax issue, 
unless expressly stated otherwise the advice is not intended or written to be 
used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer, for the 
purpose of avoiding Federal tax penalties, and was not written to support the 
promotion or marketing of any transaction or matter discussed herein.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to