LOL! I'm not superstitious! Hmm... what's that buzzing sound? ;-)

Randy

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Oliver Barry" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:07 AM
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: Closet Vols


Ooh Randy I don't think I would have done that to the preacher.
After you're visited by seven plagues you'll know why!!!  :-)
Oliver

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Gatornet Admin
Sent: Sun 12/21/2008 10:03 AM
To: GatorTalk
Subject: [gatortalk] Closet Vols


Just wanted to share a humorous story with every one this morning...

This past Friday evening, my wife and I were shopping at our local Kohl's 
and she noticed that ALL of the Tennessee Vol's stuff (shirts, sweatshirts, 
jackets, etc) were on clearance for 50% off, so thinking it odd, she asked 
me about it.

I told her that apparently the store had overstocked for Christmas, but 
because the majority of the vol fans went "in the closet" and came out as 
Titan fans, now the store is stuck with all that ugly, pale orange stuff.

Anyway, our pastor was preaching this morning and he was talking about how 
different people can find a mutual platform of respect. He mentioned one of 
the men in the church who is a die-hard Penn State fan, but instead of 
mentioning Penn State, he identified him as a Pittsburg Steelers' fan. Then, 
he referred to himself as a TENNESSEE TITAN FAN, and said that there was 
still common ground, blah, blah, blah...

Now, you've got to know my pastor to fully appreciate that, because he 
BLEEDS ORANGE and WHITE! He is such a rabid vol fan that he gets depressed 
when they lose! He agonized over Fulmer's firing almost to the point of 
comparing it to a relative's death! To refer to himself as ANYTHING other 
than a vol is shocking!

Well, after church I went up to him and thanked him for confirmation. He 
asked what did he confirm for me? I related the story about Kohl's clearance 
sale and how I said all of the vol fans went "into a closet" and came out as 
Titan fans. He was SPEECHLESS! He had this guilty smile on his face, his 
mouth was moving, but nothing was coming out! It was priceless! ;-)

Randy









--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to