And there is our definitive answer, folks. Bill Hileman was exactly right - 
everyone wins if the final score exactly matches the spread.

Randy

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: John Bowers 
  To: 'Gatornet Admin' 
  Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 10:43 AM
  Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Re: Question


  I think we give credit to either pick if the exact point spread is nailed.  I 
used to always add a "0.5" to every spread just to prevent that, but I think I 
stopped to help improve the overall scores.

   

  From: Gatornet Admin [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 10:23 AM
  To: [email protected]
  Cc: UF - John Bowers
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Re: Question

   

  So, in the case of Gator Pick 'em (where there is no bet involved), is a 
"push" considered a win or a loss? John? Ozzie? Cathy? Anyone?

   

  Randy

   

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: John Vega 

    To: [email protected] 

    Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 10:06 AM

    Subject: [gatortalk] Re: Question

     

    I would think that a win implies a payoff in addition to your original 
wager. 

     

    A push is neither a wine nor a loss - the bettor simply has his original 
wager returned.

     

    -Zeb

     

    On Dec 20, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Gatornet Admin wrote:





    I learned something new today. Thanks, Cathy! :)

     

    Randy Lyons

    Sent wirelessly 

     

    -----Original Message-----

    From: Cathryn Lasky <[email protected]>

    Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:17 PM

    To: [email protected]

    Subject: [gatortalk] Re: Question

     

    Randy,

     

    If the spread is matched exactly, it's called a "push" and everyone wins 
regardless of who you picked.

     


    
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to