If the wins are vacated, the loss still counts for the opposing team.  If
they had to forfeit the games, then the opposing team would gain the win.

  _____

From: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Rob Alexander
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:46 PM
To: Gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] [SUN]: NCAA places Alabama football
program on probation & A timeline of Alabama's NCAA problems

I don't know the answer to this for sure, but one of the articles about the
Semiholes said that if they have to vacate their wins, then their record
could be 0-6 (or something like that) for one year. That suggests to me that
the win is just wiped away from the winner, but not given to the loser. If
the other team would get the win, then FSU would have an 0-12 record instead
of 0-6. That's just me reading between the lines. If anyone knows about
this, it would be great to know for sure exactly how it works.

Rob