From: gatorn...@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatorn...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Helen Huntley
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:15 AM
To: gatorn...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatornews] List of SEC Network affiliates

Found on UT web site:

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072109aaa.html

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Shane Ford <goufgat...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

ESPN will produce SEC games on regional TV

By John Patton <mailto:patt...@gvillesun.com>
Gainesville SUN Staff writer

Published: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:31 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:31 p.m.

ESPN Regional Television and the SEC have announced a regionally syndicated
college sports package that will air in more than 73 television markets.
Included in that will be the branding of the syndication package as the SEC
Network.

 <http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090721/ARTICLES/907219940#%23>
Click to enlarge

The SEC and ESPN recently signed a 15-year contract, and coverage on the SEC
Network will include football, men's and women's basketball.

"As ESPN moves forward in this landmark agreement with the SEC, ESPN
Regional Television is thrilled to provide our viewers with a consistent
window for Southeastern Conference football and basketball," said Pete
Derzis, senior vice president & general manager of ESPN Regional Television.
"With ESPN's multimedia platforms, we anticipate SEC sports will touch an
unprecedented base of college fans nationwide."

Beginning Sept. 5, the SEC Network, which will be carried on WOGX in
Gainesville, will air 13 regular-season football games. The noon telecasts
will have a different touch than previous deals with Jefferson Pilot and
Lincoln Financial in that they will open with a live SEC studio show, which
will be based out of Charlotte and hosted by Rob Stone and former Georgia
offensive lineman Matt Stinchcomb.

Kickoff will be at 12:21 p.m., and the games will be called by Dave Neal,
1989 Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware and sideline reporter Cara Capuano.

The regular-season SEC men's basketball package on the SEC Network beginning
in January will consist of Wednesday and Saturday games, including
doubleheaders. The SEC Network will also offer regional coverage of multiple
rounds from the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament as well as SEC women's
basketball games on Sundays, also beginning in January.

"The SEC Network, through the efforts of ESPN, will be the largest college
sports syndication television package in the country," SEC Commissioner Mike
Slive said. "The comprehensive market coverage in the nine-state SEC area
combined with the out-of-market reach gives us significant additional
exposure for our programs."

In other television news, Sun Sports announced a new program called "SEC
Gridiron LIVE," a 60-minute studio show offering game previews, analysis and
a social networking component that enables fan interaction. Premiering on
Sept. 2 at 10 p.m., "SEC Gridiron LIVE" is hosted by broadcasting veteran
Charles Davis, with analysts Randy Cross, a longtime NFL lineman; and former
Georgia defensive end David Pollack, as well as social media reporter
Cassidy Hubbarth.

SEC Gridiron LIVE will be distributed to more than 24 million cable and
satellite households on the FSN regional networks throughout the SEC
territory.

"As a former SEC football player and a lifelong fan, I am thrilled for the
opportunity to host SEC Gridiron LIVE," said Davis, a former Tennessee
defensive back. "SEC football fans are incredibly knowledgeable and
opinionated, and our show gives them the chance to voice their views and
opinions each week. That spirited interaction among fans and the on-air team
is what will set SEC Gridiron LIVE apart and it's something that really
excites me. I'm looking forward to working with Randy, David and Cassidy to
make this show very special."

Contact John Patton at 374-5074 or patt...@gvillesun.com.