I agree....any time we play in Mississippi it can go wrong.

From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Oliver Barry
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:58 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] FW: [gatornews] [SUN]: "Robbie's Playbook" --- They
are what they are

Yes, they are what they are.  So, this year we're putting up better
numbers against better teams.  We're also undefeated at this point.  The
2008 team, as we all remember, was not at this point of the season.

They had one bad game and still won.  I think this team has the
potential to do better than last year's team, and the '06 team and the
'08 team and even the '96 team.  They can still go undefeated through
the regular season.  They can still win the bowl game.  If they do, they
will have to be recognized as the best team in Gator history.

That said, if you think Arkansas was a trap game, you're going to see a
bigger trap game in StarkVegas this Saturday.  MSU has improved each
week since the season began and...  we're playing there!

I think we'll win, but it's going to be another difficult SEC game.

I haven't looked at the Pick'em yet (dumb game) but I'll bet we're
favored by a lot less than 24 this week.

So, we get by them and we've got the leg humpers, FIU, Vandy and the
semis left.  I see the potential to go into the SECCG looking pretty
good.

The WRs have to quit dropping those long bombs eventually.  They'll get
better and that should open up the running game even more.

I'm looking forward to a great rest-of-the-season.

Oliver Barry CRS,GRI

Real Estate Broker

Bob Parks Realty

1517 Hunt Club Blvd

Gallatin TN 37066

Phone: 615-826-4040

Fax: 615-822-2027

Mobile: 615-972-4239

October 19th, 2009 04:29pm

They are what they are
<http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/10239/they-are-what-they-are/>

by Robbie Andreu <http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/author/andreu/>
(Gainesville SUN)

At about the same time last season, a loss to Ole Miss seemed to unite
the Gators and send them speeding off in the right direction after some
early-season struggles. Will a near-loss to Arkansas on Saturday have a
similar effect?

Will the Gators start opening things up and turning things on like they
did during their national championship run a year ago?

It's possible. But probably not likely. That's not to say the Gators
won't run the table and reach the national title game. What I'm saying
is don't expect this UF team to become the offensive juggernaut that
last year's team did after the Ole Miss loss.

Six games into the season, it's obvious the Gators are what they are.
They're a very good defensive team that can shut down opponents when
they don't have breakdowns and mental lapses like a week ago. They're a
struggling offensive team that doesn't have the playmakers (especially
in the passing game) they had a year ago to roll up all kinds of points.

Somehow the Gators won a game they probably should have lost Saturday.
Like Tim Tebow said Monday, it took a lot of heart and character to
somehow earn a victory with those four lost fumbles and six sacks.

Maybe the near-loss will take off some of the pressure and UF will start
making some of those plays they've been just missing on offensive. Maybe
that will lead to more relaxing games and a wider margin of victory.

But the thinking here is that was just the first of what could be
several down-to-the-wire games for UF the rest of the way. The Gators
know they can win those games, just like they did Saturday.

To win the national championship, the Gators probably will have to do it
the way they did in 2006, when they managed games so well offensively
and found a way to win each week.

Buckle your seatbelts, because it could be a thrilling (and scary) ride
the rest of the way.

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

<<inline: image001.jpg>>