From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of John Vega
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:40 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] [SUN]: Gators suspend Spikes a half
gamefor eye gouge [Barlis]

On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Shane Ford wrote:

Don't believe for a second that Coach is not going to lose some national
respect over this decision and it may hurt him some in other areas with
media types, etc.  I believe he did this as a "lighter" sentence, because
Spikes should not have retaliated, but in Football some times you ahve to
stand up for you and yours.  You know?  Like it or not...

As the great sage Kenneth Rogers once wrote:

Twenty years of crawlin was bottled up inside him.

He wasn't holdin nothin back; he let 'em have it all.

When Tommy left the barroom not a Gatlin boy was standin.

He said, this ones for Becky, as he watched the last one fall.

And I heard him say,

"I promised you, dad, not to do the things you've done.

I'll walk away from trouble when I can.

Now please dont think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek,

papa, I sure hope you understand:

Sometimes you gotta fight when youre a man."

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us