Well, it should've been Rodney Dangerfield. He was much funnier than Henny 
Youngman. 
Which, of course, begs the question: who was the best comedian ever at Gator 
Growl?
I liked Sinbad.
Who was the best comedian ever?  My vote goes to Jackie Gleason. (This doesn't 
only include stand up comedians)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Cecilia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:50:41 
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

Oliver is right.  It was Henny Youngman, although many other comedians and 
comediennes have used similar lines.

Cee
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email protected] 
  To: Gator Talk 
  Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black


  Nope, it was Henny Youngman. 
  Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: "Gatornet Admin" <[email protected]> 
  Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:00:30 -0500
  To: <[email protected]>
  Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Eye black


  Well, Rodney copied him then, because I'm almost positive I heard it from 
Rodney.

   

  Randy

   

  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:42 AM
  To: Gator Talk
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

   

  That would be Henny. 

  Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: "Gatornet Admin" <[email protected]> 

  Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:36:14 -0500

  To: <[email protected]>

  Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Eye black

   

  My name's not Rodney. It's RANDY. Yes, I know it's close.

   

  Randy

   

  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:09 PM
  To: Gator Talk
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

   

  Take your wife, please! :-)

  Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: "Gatornet Admin" <[email protected]> 

  Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:55:29 -0500

  To: <[email protected]>

  Subject: RE: [gatortalk] Eye black

   

  I complained to my wife that I had no eye black to wear for Tebow, so she 
punched me in both eyes. J

   

  Randy

   

  From: Arthur Polhill [mailto:[email protected]] 
  Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:40 PM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

   

  I hope I didn't make anybody feel bad for wearing it.  Meyer's comment just 
made me aware of his constant problem of keeping the players focused on team 
rather than individuals.  Although Tebow gets a lot of recognition and awards 
personally, Tim is always careful to put the team first.  I think that is why 
no resentment of his personal recognition has developed on the team.

   

  There were far fewer folks wearing the eye-black at the game than I thought 
there would be, certainly less than 5% on the alumni side.  I don't know about 
the student side.  The whole team and particularly all the seniors got a lot of 
love from the crowd.  It was a great evening at the Swamp.  
   

  A. Leon Polhill, Gator
  "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.
  I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: Cecilia <[email protected]>
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Sat, November 28, 2009 10:53:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

  Hey, Leon... thanks for making me feel better about not wearing eye black 
today.  Ours didn't arrive in the mail yesterday, even though they were 
supposedly mailed First Class on Monday.  Hmph.

   

  The ones I ordered for myself just had a Gator logo on them so I would have 
considered those a shout out to all the Gators, from freshmen to seniors.  :-)

   

  Cee

   

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Arthur Polhill 

    To: [email protected] 

    Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:04 AM

    Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

     

    We've reconsidered this well-intentioned eye-blacking demonstration after 
hearing Coach Meyer say that he didn't think Tebow would appreciate it because 
this isn't Tebow Day, it's Senior Day, at the Swamp and Tebow is a team guy.

     

    Paula and I will not be wearing eye-black, but will stand and cheer ALL our 
departing seniors as we always do, including Timmy.
     

    A. Leon Polhill, Gator
    "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.
    I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain 

     

     


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Sat, November 28, 2009 9:31:17 AM
    Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Eye black

    They have them at the campus bookstore.

    GoGators!!!
    Mark

    Quoting Helen Huntley <[email protected]>:

    > Hi-The eye black stickers we ordered for the game did not arrive in 
today's
    > mail and I haven't found them in St. Pete. Anybody know of any 
availability
    > in Gainesville? Surely some enterprising entrepreneur has ordered some.
    > Thanks!
    > Helen
    > 
    > -- 
    > GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
    > 1996 National Football Champions  |  2006 National Basketball Champions
    > 2006 National Football Champions  |  2007 National Basketball Champions
    > 2008 National Football Champions  |  
    > Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel 
(1996),
    > Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us


    -- 
    GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
    1996 National Football Champions  |  2006 National Basketball Champions
    2006 National Football Champions  |  2007 National Basketball Champions
    2008 National Football Champions  |  
    Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
    Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

    -- 
    GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
    1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
    2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
    2008 National Football Champions | 
    Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
    Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us 

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us 

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us


  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us 

  -- 
  GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
  1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
  2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
  2008 National Football Champions | 
  Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

-- 
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

-- 
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Reply via email to