  From: Stacey Hartley-McBride
  To: gatortalk
  Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:42 PM
  Subject: [gatortalk] Meyer gone

  All,

  It is interesting that the announcement was made today - a Saturday - when
all the players are at home celebrating Christmas with their families.  As a
player's coach, I would think Urban would want to tell the team personally
before a public announcement was made.  I doubt the players could keep
something like that quiet for very long, so having already told them before
they left for break is unlikely.  I wonder why it had to be done this way?
Thoughts?

  Urban states he will remain in Mecca and still be involved with UF.  I wonder
in what capacity?

  I pray for his health.  He seems to be a man of character, tremendous heart,
and faith - that goes a long way in recovery of many illnesses.

  I hope Foley can once again work his magic.  He has his work cut out for him.
 Current recruits will fly away quickly, as well as assistant coaches, if a new
head coach isn't found very soon.

  And yeah, I am still in dazed shock.

  Stacey

  "They say statistics are for losers, but losers are usually the ones thinking
that," Meyer said. "Statistics are great."
   GATORS RULE!!!

  Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us