Excellent point, Jerry. Maybe his defense won't work in college because he is
working with college players who aren't at his level yet.

Randy Lyons
Sent from my Sprint Palm Prē
Jerry Belloit wrote:

Wanda,

I have wondered about Monte as a
college coach.  We all have seen superstar coaches and their offenses at
Division II move to Division I (pardon me for using the old terms) and then be
a dud.  What works with competition with lower skill levels may not work
when the skill levels of your opponents are higher.  Even within the
Division I, there is ample evidence that some conferences do not fare well
against others.  For example, Big 10 defenses were heralded until they
faced a much faster game against SEC teams.  In that light, could Monte’s
defense need NFL quality players at every position to be effective?

Jerry

From:
gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Wanda