Steve,

I think you nailed the reason why the tickets weren't selling through the
UAA.  Lot's of reason for it too:

-  Had to have really high priority to get BCS tickets through UAA.  Many
people who did not have that priority had already made other arrangements
through StubHub or others.

- Many Gators had made plans to travel out West - spend a few days in Vegas
or Arizona before heading to the game.  Those other vacation plans are often
hard or expensive to change.

- Can't ignore the economy, the face value tickets are expensive and travel
is a hassle as well.

- And finally, the tickets the UAA had to sell were some of the worse in the
stadium, the schools allotments are usually in the corners of the endzones,
so better tickets can be had buying directly from the Sugar Bowl.

I watched on TV from chilly (-18) Minnesota, and it appeared the crowd was
evenly split, Gators were certainly louder!

And BTW, great job on the interview, but where was the Gatortalk mention?

  _____