I'm believing our coaches can count.
 A. Leon Polhill, Gator
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.
I said I didn't know." - Mark Twain 




________________________________
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, January 8, 2010 3:13:44 PM
Subject: RE: [gatortalk] RE: [gatornews] [SUN]: Florida confirms Edwards hire

The scary part is - nobody really knows ... 

You start with - only 85 players are allowed on scholarship and only 25 can be 
signed in one year (new SEC rule?)

We currently have 78 on scholarship - which gives us an extra 7

What is interesting is that if 7 players enroll right now - then *I think* they 
count towards 25 from last year.  We only signed 16 last year.  

We have 14 seniors - which would mean 21 total - 

but Carl Moore may get a redshirt and return - so make it 20

How many juniors going are pro?   Let's say three - which makes it 23

Consider that a few players will transfer and not return to the team - usually 
2 - which makes it 25

Some schools factor in players that commit - but do not have the grades to 
actually enroll.  That is usually not a problem at Florida.  But schools have 
placed players at junior colleges for a year to get around grades.  

Some players are pushed off from starting in August/September to the following 
January.  

Some people are saying our numbers is as high as 27 or 28 - which I don't know 
how they get at.  I can only see 25.  

We have 20 commits as of right now.  We expect to pick up 3 on Saturday 
(tomorrow).  We've already got 5 to 7 enrolled.  

-------- Original Message --------
>Subject: Re: [gatortalk] RE: [gatornews] [SUN]: Florida confirms
>Edwards hire
>From: John Vega <[email protected]>
>Date: Fri, January 08, 2010 2:49 pm
>To: [email protected]
>
>How many more players can we fit in our class? 
>
>
>We're bumping up against 25 unless some enroll early and count against last 
>year; did we have any empty spots from last year we can use? Plus, stay under 
>the overall roster limit?
>
>
>-Zeb
>
>
>On Jan 8, 2010, at 2:10 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>WOW!  Talk about a coincidence!
>>
>>There are three "5 star" defensive players that will announce tomorrow what 
>>school (and DC) they want to play for!   ;-)
>>
>>(how much you want to bet that Edwards has already contacted all three?)
>>
>>I wonder if edwards can sway more "5 star" defensive players (Jordan Hicks, 
>>Owamagbe Odighizuma, Jackson Jeffcoat, Luc) towards the gators?
>>
>
________________________________
-- 
>GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
>1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
>2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
>2008 National Football Champions | 
>Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
>Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us 
-- 
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Reply via email to