Here's exactly what I saw on my computer screen received from Gatornews.  I see
no clue at all that the final two sections are comments from readers.  Randy, I
still believe they are reports/comments from Greg Stoda and I certainly replied
to them accordingly.  If you feel I need to be punished in some way, so be it.
I initiated no political comment on Gatortalk at all.  As a matter of fact, I
thought I was making light of Greg's report, although Paula can still out-shoot
you in basketball.  :)

Tim Tebow has no gripe with the Florida Gators
by Greg Stoda
The bashing of Tim Tebow continues unabated, which is fine … to a point.
The NFL mavens who are paid to know such things mostly agree that Tebow doesn’t
have what it takes — a proper throwing motion, most notably — to cut it as a
quarterback in the league. My observations of Tebow over the years puts me in
agreement with the NFL folks on that particular matter.
Now, however, has come speculation that the coaching staff at Florida somehow
did Tebow a disservice by not preparing him properly for a possible career as a
pro quarterback.
What?!?!

That wasn’t Urban Meyer’s job.
Nor was it any offensive coordinator’s jor or any quarterback coach’s job, and,
no, that doesn’t mean Tebow was used by the Gators.
Were the coaches supposed to work on changing Tebow’s long wind-up motion to
the possible benefit of some pro team at the cost of reducing his value to the
team for which he happened to be playing? The national championship and Heisman
Trophy stuff wasn’t good enough?
It’s ridiculous to suggest it somehow was UF’s responsibility to change Tebow’s
style. The Gators would have been sabotaging their own goals had they tried to
transform Tebow into an under-the-center, drop-back quarterback when he did his
best work running and, yes, passing out of the shotgun.
And all Tebow has to show for it is one of the most famous playing careers in
college history. He didn’t get short-changed, and would come across as a whiny
ingrate were to say the Gators didn’t do right by him.
Did the Gators benefit more from Tebow than Tebow benefited from the Gators?
Almo$t certainly $o.
Hardly, though, should anyone think Tebow came away from the four-year stay at
UF with reason to complain about anything, and that includes NFL prep work or
lack thereof.
* * *
With a brother like Jay hardly does Mark McGwire need enemies.
* * *
Saw where Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) would like to take his Boston College
basketball-playing daughter Ayla to the White House or anywhere else anytime
for a two-on-two game against President Obama and a player of his choice with
proceeds going to relief efforts in Haiti.
Sounds like a swell idea in the name of bipartisanship. A little gridlock in
the lane beats all the gridlock in government.
And perhaps Vice President Joe Biden could go to his home state of Delaware and
persuade Blue Hen star Elena Delle Donne, she late of UConn, to team with the
prez vs. Brown and Brown.