Published on *Sporting News* (http://www.sportingnews.com)

 <http://www.sportingnews.com/>
------------------------------
Tebow: 'I have been a Jaguar fan my whole life'
Sports Radio Interviews is a streaming independent sports blog which
provides analysis on breaking sports news, upcoming games, and sporting
events from a sports radio perspective. SRI articles frequently appear on
SportingNews.com.

Sports Radio Interviews

*
[image: Tim Tebow says he would like to play for his hometown Jacksonville
Jaguars.]
Tim Tebow says he would like to play for his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars.

*This year's NFL Draft features a bit of intrigue near the top. Defensive
lineman Ndamukong Suh is the consensus number one pick for the St. Louis
Rams, but there's still a chance fellow defensive lineman Gerald McCoy might
be picked first, or that quarterback Sam Bradford might sneak into the
discussion. However, the most anticipated selection might be one made after
the first round, when Florida Gators quarterback *Tim Tebow* is picked.

After a fabulous career in Gainesville, Tebow has been ranked by draftniks
anywhere from a top-three quarterback, to a non-prospect, to a position
change project. Though no one denies his work ethic or his athleticism, he's
been working with multiple coaches to rebuild his throwing motion into
something approaching pro caliber.

Tebow joined Lamm at Large on WJXL in Jacksonville to discuss Urban Meyer,
his throwing motion, the possibility of playing for the Jacksonville
Jaguars, and parents proposing to him on behalf of their daughters.

Listen to Tim Tebow on WJXL in Jacksonville on Sports Radio
Interviews<http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/03/08/tim-tebow-wants-to-play-for-jacksonville-thinks-urban-meyer-will-be-back-for-spring/>
[1].

*
[image: Tim Tebow says he would like to play for his hometown Jacksonville
Jaguars.]
Tim Tebow says he would like to play for his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars.
What are Tebow's thoughts on the pre-draft process?*

*Tebow:* It's been a lot of what I expected. I had a lot of people giving me
advice leading up to the hype, and the combine, and everything that's going
on, so I kind of knew what to expect. But it still has been a whirlwind.
It's been a lot of fun. It's been something that I've dreamed of for a long
time. It's something that I've enjoyed. It really hasn't been something I
stressed out over or overwhelmed me. It's been a whirlwind, but a lot of
fun.

*What changes has Tebow made to his throwing motion?*

*Tebow:* I think it's just being as quick as possible and taking out as much
slack in my release as possible. Instead of kind of having a little drop in
my throwing motion, it's really trying to eliminate that drop in my motion
like I have done pretty efficiently. It's something I've worked on a lot and
feel really good about.

Sometimes it's half a second, and sometimes it could be quarter of a second.
It's not a lot of time, but that little bit could be the difference between
a touchdown or a fumble or the ball getting batted down. It does make a
difference and is something I feel I can get better at and have gotten
better at.

*Would Tebow like to play in Jacksonville?*

*Tebow:* I would. It's here at home and I would enjoy that. I have been a
Jaguar fan my whole life. I have enjoyed being here in my hometown and
watching the Jaguars play. Getting an opportunity to play for them would be
a blessing for me and a privilege for me to be able to stay in my hometown
and play here.

*What does Tebow think of Urban Meyer's leave of absence from the Florida
football program?*

*Tebow:* He needs to keep resting and being with his family. He's enjoying
it. He's had a little time to get away, and we're still talking pretty much
every day. He's doing great and feeling better. He's going to get back and
have a great season and Florida is going to dominate. They're going to do
great.

I'm just happy that he's feeling better, and that he's there for his family,
and that he's been able to just relax and let his stress levels die down a
little bit. He'll absolutely be back and he'll be involved. He's going to be
hands-on working with the guys. He'll be there for a lot of the stuff in the
spring and in the summer. Florida should have a great year.

*How many marriage proposals has Tebow received?*

*Tebow:* We've gotten quite a handful of marriage proposals. Mostly from
parents, though.

*More from SRI*
Nate Burleson talks about joining the Detroit
Lions<http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/03/08/nate-burleson-%e2%80%9cthey%e2%80%99ve-got-a-lot-of-pieces-to-the-puzzle-already-together-and-you-can-do-something-special-for-detroit-michigan%e2%80%9d/>
[2]
Gerald McCoy discusses the upcoming draft and where he might be
picked<http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/03/08/gerald-mccoy-eyes-the-top-prize/>
[3]
Article Insets
 Tim Tebow says he would like to play for his hometown Jacksonville
Jaguars.<http://www.sportingnews.com/content/tim-tebow-says-he-would-play-for-his-hometown-jacksonville-jaguars>
[4]

   - Sporting News <http://www.sportingnews.com/source/sporting-news>
   - College Football<http://www.sportingnews.com/category/college-football>
   - News <http://www.sportingnews.com/type/news>
   - NFL <http://www.sportingnews.com/category/nfl>
   -
Florida<http://www.sportingnews.com/category/college-football/florida-gators>
   - Tim
Tebow<http://www.sportingnews.com/category/college-football/florida-gators/tim-tebow>

   - SportingNews.com <http://www.sportingnews.com/>
   - Radio <http://radio.sportingnews.com/>
   - Fantasy <http://www.sportingnews.com/games>
   - Magazine <http://www.sportingnews.com/magazine/>
   - Yearbook <http://www.streetandsmiths.com/>
   - Today <http://www.sportingnewstoday.com/>
   - Mobile <http://www.sportingnews.com/wireless>

   - Site Map <http://www.sportingnews.com/sitemap>
   - Customer Service <http://www.sportingnews.com/contact>
   - Privacy Policy <http://www.sportingnews.com/privacy>
   - User Agreement <http://www.sportingnews.com/terms>
   - Media Kit <http://www.sportingnews.com/mediakit/>
   - History <http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/history/>
   - American City Business Journals, Inc. <http://www.acbj.com/>

   Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes
acceptance of our User Agreement <http://www.sportingnews.com/terms>
and Privacy
Policy <http://www.sportingnews.com/privacy>.
© 2009 SportingNews.com <http://www.sportingnews.com/> and its licensors.
All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced,
distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior
written permission of SportingNews.com.
*Source URL:*
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-03-08/tebow-i-have-been-jaguar-fan-my-whole-life

*Links:*
[1]
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/03/08/tim-tebow-wants-to-play-for-jacksonville-thinks-urban-meyer-will-be-back-for-spring/
[2] http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/03/08/nate-burleson-
“they’ve-got-a-lot-of-pieces-to-the-puzzle-already-together-and-you-can-do-something-special-for-detroit-michigan”/
[3]

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us