From: gatortalk@googlegroups.com [mailto:gatort...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steve McKibben
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 8:51 AM
To: gatortalk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gatortalk] Re: [gatornews] Gatornews from the Palm Beach Post
and Miami Herald courtesy of Junogator

I remember Gator fans rushing the field twice, both away from home. The
first time was in the Gator Bowl after the 1984 win over the dawgs - the
goalposts came down that time.

The next was in the win over the semis in Tally in 1986. They turned on the
sprinklers to try and get the fans off of the field, but since much of the
game was played in a downpour, that had little effect.

I think Spurrier made the remark about "maybe they should have let the fans
on the field to celebrate" after the 1997 32-29 win over then ranked #1 FSU.

Helen Huntley  wrote:

When have Gator fans rushed the field?

That's an interesting question. I remember Spurrier lamenting once that fans
couldn't rush the field. If I remember correctly, he even made a symbolic
push against a goal post.

Wasn't there once an incident--not involving a home football game--when fans
went into the empty stadium and took down the goal posts? Or am I just
dreaming?

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us

Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us