Uh huh. Wait till he starts losing up there too. Especially if its to Mich. 

Woody (via iPhone)

> On Jul 26, 2014, at 10:23 AM, Shane Ford <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Shelley Meyer: Hatred by some UF fans toward Urban is mind-boggling
> 
> 
> Shelley Meyer, shown in this 2012 file photo, criticized SEC and UF fans in a 
> recent interview for Bucknuts.com. (Photo by The Associated Press)
> 
> By Pat Dooley
> Gainesville SUN Staff writer
> Published: Friday, July 25, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.
> Last Modified: Friday, July 25, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.
> Shelley Meyer wants to make one thing clear — she loves the Gators.
> 
> Facts
> What Shelley Meyer told OSU fans
> Read the article quoting coach Urban Meyer's wife onBucknuts.com.
> “People come up to me and say, ‘I’m a Gator,’ and I always high-five them,” 
> she said. “I root and root for the Gators. I still love the Gators.”
> 
> The wife of Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer stirred the pot this week 
> when the Ohio State fan website Bucknuts published an interview with her in 
> which she was critical of some Florida fans.
> 
> Shelley Meyer told The Sun on Friday that she certainly was not trying to 
> paint the fan base with a broad brush.
> 
> “All of my comments are about message board people,” she said. “I still go to 
> Gainesville four times a year. Nobody ever says anything mean to me. What I 
> care about are the people down there who love us and know us. The people who 
> hate us I don’t even know.
> 
> “I just wish people would get over it. I wish we could have been there 12 
> years. I’m the most bummed that we weren’t there 12 years.”
> 
> Asked why she bothers reading message boards, Shelley Meyer said: “Because I 
> still care about the Gators and want to see how they’re doing.”
> 
> In the interview, the wife of the former coach said she was bothered by the 
> hatred spewed toward her husband, especially because Meyer won two national 
> championships at Florida.
> 
> “Well, what I learned was that Florida fans, there’s a lot of them and people 
> want to brag on their team,” she told the website. “They want to be able to 
> brag on their team. Now, when we first went down there and we were winning 
> and we were winning those national championships, Urban was the best thing 
> ever.
> 
> “But when it’s not going good or something doesn’t go the way they want, they 
> will turn in a second. Now, to be fair, there’s a lot of fans across the 
> country that are like that — and I’m sure there’s some Ohio State people that 
> could do that, too.
> 
> “But here is my perception (about Florida fans): I think they feel like they 
> were kind of left at the altar. They feel a betrayal, even though they were 
> so mad at him about how our last season (2010) went. You can’t please them. 
> You can’t please all fans anywhere; you can’t. And I’ve just accepted that, 
> and I love when our fans are behind us and support us and I love that they 
> love their team, but we can’t take it personally.
> 
> “Because, not one person that is close to us (from their time in Florida) has 
> ever come up and said anything bad. ‘Why did you leave? You faked it. You 
> weren’t sick. You had this Ohio State thing lined up the entire time.’ I 
> would hear that all the time, and I was like ‘Uh, no.’ Because I was not 
> coming here. So, trust me, that was not planned. So, the people who are 
> critical of us, it’s not the people who know us. It’s the people who aren’t 
> even around the program. They just want their team to win, and whoever can 
> get their team to win, that’s who they’re for. And if you can’t do it or if 
> you left them, then they’ll hate you.”
> 
> On Friday, she told The Sun that the hatred toward her husband is 
> mind-boggling.
> 
> “I never want to put anything between me and Florida,” she said. “But people 
> hurt us so bad.”
> 
> She also commented on the difference between the fan bases in the SEC and the 
> Big Ten. The passion shown by SEC fans is credited as one of the reasons the 
> conference is considered the best in college football.
> 
> But as the trees at Toomer’s Corner found out, it can be over-the-top passion.
> 
> “It’s less hostile here than at Florida,” she told Bucknuts. “I mean, the SEC 
> as a whole is a more-hostile feeling to me. I thought that ever since we went 
> down there. It’s just meaner.
> 
> “Now, I know ‘The Team Up North’ versus Ohio State game is pretty mean; 
> everybody is pretty mean when that game rolls around. It’s extremely 
> competitive, but it’s just not as mean (as the SEC). Not as dirty and mean. I 
> hate to say that, but that’s just how it is in the South. College football is 
> everything down there.”
> 
> On Friday, she said that she was simply trying to point out the differences 
> between the two conferences.
> 
> “The Big Ten isn’t like that,” she said. “That’s just my opinion. There is 
> not that feel here. The intensity in the competition (in the SEC) is 
> incredible.”
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent From Shane's iPhone
> Go Gators!   &   Skål Vikes!
> ALPCA #8756 
> Europlate #1045
> -- 
> -- 
> GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
> 1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions
> 2006 National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions
> 2008 National Football Champions | 
> Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
> Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "GatorNews" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
-- 
GATORS: ONE VOICE ON SATURDAY - NO VOICE ON SUNDAY!
1996 National Football Champions   |   2006 National Basketball Champions
2006 National Football Champions   |   2007 National Basketball Champions
2008 National Football Champions   |   
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996),
Tim Tebow (2007) - Visit our website at www.gatornet.us
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GatorTalk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to