This might be the most serious problem for the Gators after the hurricane.
Forget LSU.

Matthew hits recruiting

Florida's home game with LSU is not only big on the schedule and in the
standings, it's also a huge recruiting opportunity for the Gators.

But, like the game itself last week, UF's biggest recruiting weekend of the
fall was wiped out by the threat of Hurricane Matthew.

“No, we didn't have anybody on campus. It was canceled,” McElwain said
Wednesday. “Actually, recruits were canceled prior to that, all I know is the
two that we had scheduled ended up visiting somewhere else last weekend.”

McElwain said numerous other recruits were expected to attend last Saturday's
game, which was postponed last Thursday. Some are expected to make the trip to
Gainesville for Saturday's game against Missouri.

“It obviously was a big loss because we had a ton of (2019 recruits) and 2018s,
as well, unofficially for what really was our biggest game of the year as far
as environment and that type of stuff,” McElwain said. “I know people were
looking forward to this game, and yet here's the interesting thing when you
really sit back and say really, look, all the peoples' lives that were in
danger and different things and scenarios that could have happened.

“It's one of those deals where don't cry over it, just pick up and figure how
you're going to move forward. We have a lot of people coming in this weekend,
which will be good. Any environment on a game day in The Swamp is pretty
special, so yeah, we may have lost things but in the big picture the safety of
those recruits and those people planning on coming, that was the most important
thing for us.”

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI

Real Estate Broker

PARKS