I'm good friends with Randy & Janet, Burrito Brothers' owners. 4 of their
highest volume 5 days were this week. I joined friends from Tampa and
Orlando there this week, and met people who flew in from LA for their last
BBs.The cost of rebuilding twice since 2006 plus $300k decreased revenue
due to both the cancelled football games and lack of access due to
construction of The Standard did them in.
I'm also on the finance committee of the Woman's Club on University Avenue.
We lost $20k in football parking revenues compared to 2015.
I've also heard several of the clothing stores near UF took a big financial
hit from the cancelled games.
Leonardo's By The Slice closes this summer. Leonardo's 706 is ok for now.
-Jeannene