Vandy has our number in certain sports it seems.  BTW I read Womens golf has
the only SEC championship for this year although I suspect Womens softball will
be there when all is said and done.

Charlie

On 4/24/2017 10:42 AM, Oliver Barry wrote:
I read this article last night. I was hoping it was just a bad dream.
How do we lose to Vanderbilt in women’s tennis twice in one season?

Oliver Barry, CRS, GRI
Real Estate Broker
PARKS
305B Indian Lake Blvd
Suite 220
Hendersonville TN 37075
Phone: 615-826-4040
Mobile: 615-972-4239
bar...@realtracs.com<mailto:bar...@realtracs.com>

From: gatorn...@googlegroups.com<mailto:gatorn...@googlegroups.com>
[mailto:gatorn...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Shane Ford
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 8:57 AM
To: GatorNews
Subject: [gatornews] [SUN]: Roundup: Women’s tennis drops thriller in SEC final

UF ROUNDUP
Roundup: Women’s tennis drops thriller in SEC final

Special to Gainesville SUN GatorSports.com<http://GatorSports.com>

Published: Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — When top-ranked Florida has won the doubles point this
season it has led to a win. All 22 times. But not Sunday with a title on the
line in the SEC Tournament championship match.

Florida (23-3), the tourney’s third seed, easily captured the doubles point
against Vanderbilt with impressive wins on courts one and two, where Anna
Danilina-Ingrid Neel upset Vanderbilt’s third-ranked pair of Emily Smith-Astra
Sharma, 6-3, just before Kourtney Keegan-Brooke Austin topped Emma Kurtz-Sydney
Campbell, 6-2.

Top-seeded and second-ranked Vanderbilt (20-5), however, used its home court
advantage and flipped the switch in singles action where it captured four wins
to claim the 4-3 win at the indoor Currey Tennis Center on the campus of
Vanderbilt University.

“I thought we once again, payed fantastic doubles,” UF coach Roland Thornqvist
said. “That’s been the highlight all weekend. We have become a much more
aggressive team in doubles. It paid off all three days — we won all three
doubles points against incredible doubles teams.

“I thought we played well in singles today, too. Vanderbilt, you have to give
them credit. They have great ball tolerance and in a couple of matches that
really made a difference.”

Despite the adversity of not having their complete lineup with junior Josie
Kuhlman unavailable due to being up all night and time in a local hospital with
a stomach illness, the Gators still had their chances in singles. After Florida
took the quick 1-0 lead in the team score after winning the doubles point,
Vanderbilt evened the team score with a straight-setter on court one.

Keegan swung the lead back in Florida’s favor with an efficient 6-3, 6-2 win on
court five. Keegan also won all three doubles matches at the SEC Tournament,
posting a combined 4-0 record and earned a spot on the all-tournament team.

Vanderbilt came back and evened the team score again with a three-setter on
court two, where freshman Ingrid Neel dropped her match.

Danilina gutted out a three-setter, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, and Florida held a 3-2 lead.
Danilina won two singles matches during the event, as well as a pair of doubles
matches and also earned a spot on the all-tournament team.

With the team score at 3-2, Florida needed just one more singles win but
unfortunately, the hometown Commodores crowd maxed out the indoor facility with
fans and made their presence felt as they helped Vanderbilt collect the final
two wins.

Men’s golf: At St. Simons Island, Georgia, Florida escaped the quarterfinals of
match play after a playoff, but in the semifinal match play round, the Gators
would not find the same luck.

The Gators opened the day with Alejandro Tosti going to his second playoff in
as many days. After splitting with South Carolina 2-2, Tosti and the Gamecocks’
Will Miles headed to a playoff to determine what team would get the final point.

After sinking a clutch par putt on the first playoff hole that held on the edge
of the cup before dropping in, the junior shut South Carolina down when he
carded a four and Miles carded a five on the 20th hole of the match. By
notching a par in his final hole, Tosti finished off his second-straight
bogey-free round.

Following their defeat of the Gamecocks, the Gators advanced to the semifinal
match play round where they faced off with Vanderbilt. After splitting 2-2 with
the Commodores, attention turned to Andy Zhang. The freshman was two-down
heading to the 16th hole, one-down heading to the 18th and managed to finish
the hole all square, forcing a playoff.

Facing off against fellow freshman John Augenstein, Zhang carded a four on the
first playoff hole, advancing to the 20th hole of the match. After both players
fired their drives deep down the middle of the fairway, Zhang landed his
approach shot on the fringe while Augenstein placed his shot within 10 feet of
the hole. Zhang missed his putt from off the green and Augenstein sank his for
birdie, winning the playoff for the Commodores.

Texas A&M and Vanderbilt will face off today for the title.

The Gators will compete at the NCAA Regional Tournament beginning May 15.

Sent From Shane's iPhone
Go Gators!   &   Skål Vikes!
ALPCA #8756
Europlate #1045
1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions 2006
National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions 2008 National
Football Champions |
Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim
Tebow (2007)
"GatorNews" group.
gatornews+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:gatornews+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
1996 National Football Champions | 2006 National Basketball Champions 2006
National Football Champions | 2007 National Basketball Champions 2008 National
Football Champions | Three Heisman Trophy winners: Steve Spurrier (1966), Danny
Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)
gatortalk+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:gatortalk+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

(1966), Danny Wuerffel (1996), Tim Tebow (2007)