That's exactly what I was thinking. These kids worked hard this Spring, but of
course they have a long way to go with completely new schemes on offense and
defense. It's ridiculous to think they would be ready to look to genuinely
impressive this soon. Equally important to the football learning they did this
Spring is that, after being emotionally battered and bruised last year, they
really needed to see football as fun again. Good for Mullen for setting high
standards, teaching effectively, returning enthusiasm into the program, and
still letting them have a fun day at the end. The team looked like the weight
of the world had been removed from their shoulders, and that is exactly what I
would want heading into the long summer workouts where individuals need to be
self-motivated. I'm as anxious as anyone to finally see some offense again, but
realistically... let's see where we are about mid-way through next season and
then decide whether we seem to be on a good trajectory.

Rob