Hello Members,

Today, I will introduce as one of the 14 founder members who run this
group.

I am Twinkle, a 26 year old Indian, Gay, Single & Living life to the
best I can!

When we were forming this group, our idea was to give Indian men a
common platform to speak, meet, know, share, care & everything that a
Gay/Bi man can look for in another man!

Our main theme is to let all sections of society know, Gay/Bi is "N O
R M A L". Luckily, we have support of a good number of straight men
and women in various parts of planet.

Currently I am in India for the time being, and happened to go
through the Indian TV and the channel SAB TV. I saw a talk show
hosted by Smriti Irani. She kept the topic "Homosexuality" for
tonight's talk show.

Present on show was a Gay Couple Amit & Ajay, who did the wonderful
job of coming out on National TV. Also were present Rahul, Center
Manager of NAAZ foundation & An advocate who supported the GLBT
community.

I will not go into the details of the show, but will say only one
thing.. contrary to the name of the show "Kucch Dil Se".. it was more
about the Host's (Smriti Irani) own mood and ideology.

She was very unfair, and I am not saying that just because I am
gay/bi, but becaues she did not let any person answer fully, she did
not let the things be expressed correctly and she tried her best to
find out the Negatives of Being GAY!

She went to the extremes of ending the show with a question pointing
at Ajay (one partner out of the couple) on Who he really is, because
he was not very firm on his stands. It was clear that Ajay had a
certain social pressure and admitted it was so, but before he could
complete or express one point, Smriti Irani would raise or mould the
question, point or pass a statement that will make the man look "A
man filled will lust, confusion & lies".

Surprizingly, she also went ahead and said "Lesbians are not as
voilent as Gays".. the show was filled with Criticism by the host
herself & feminism.

In total, Host of a talk show is supposed to be unbiased & impartial
and let the audience decide the conclusions, but here, she was so
judgemental, assuming and filled with her "views" that show looked
less of a talk show and more of a "Smriti Irani Ideology" show!

And I repeat I am sharing all this not because I am gay/bi and found
her show bad, but because I noticed, if I were a Straight Man too, I
would have felt the same way about tonite's show. I can support this
by saying one of my family member was watching this show with me, who
has no idea about my sexuality, and still my family member's view
was " Why does not Smriti Irani let people answer anything and why
does she draw her own conclusion, what kind of talk show it is where
she is doing all the talking and judging"

Trust me, Smriti Irani needs to take a class on how to let people
speak "Kucch Dil Se" before she hosts this show further, because this
show, is supposed to be about the common man's dil and not Smriti
Irani's dil!

That is all I wanted to say, Kucch Dil Se!

Hugs & Be Happy and GAY/BI in a positive way!

Your very own

Twinkle Arora
Founder Member & Assistant Content Manager
G.A.Z.E., Org.

Join G.A.Z.E., Org. at

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/WfTolB/TM

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link
opens

What's hot? What's not? Where are the LGBT parties being held and when? Click here!!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=