Wow!! that was indeed a Splurishhhhhh way to re-describe that Famous South India WADA or as we north Indians call it - Medu Wada!!
I just love it........ & yes As said below, one has to forget all his dietic conditions be4 making a jump for it.
Indeed a lovely way to write of this Delicacy!!
Regards, or should I say - Wadakkam!!
Sahil.
Something I learnt in Tamil: Wada Rumba Nallaa Irkaya.!! (hope Im right?)

zeus_ganymede81 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I fancied I should enlighten you on "vadais"...More commonly
called "vada" this crisp golden brown-looking crunchy-outside-and-
mushy-and-white-inside "holed'" ringed food is a scrummy delicacy
specially in the south but has caught on with many Indians as well as
a few non-Indians worldwide...

Plus, this so-called south Indian fast food/doughnut can be had on
the go; makes an ideal supply while travelling by train or by bus and
generally comes with another supremely healthy and light and equally
famed dish called Idli which invariably goes well with sambar and
coconut chutney just nearly as the vada does...(Both these
scrumptious dishes are ubiquitously available be it in a fast food
joint; drive-in carry-outs, the fabled "Indian mobile restaurants or
take-aways on wheels" amongst others...)

This is tied in with such a plethora of its cousins as dahi vada
(bathed in curd), vada pav, rasam vada(dunked in the spicy Indian
soup), masala vada, sabudana vada, to name a few...

The preparatory steps and recepies of various vadas run into reams
but the basic principle remains immutable but grams, pulses,
condiments and other flavour enhancers are the key role-players that
bring about the radically noticeable change in both their taste and
appearance...But for these aspects, like I said, the fundamental
modus operandi of making them remains the same...

More importantly, the texture of the dough and its wetness plus how
deeply it is sauteed count towards the final appearance of this
ambrosia...The dough is flattened consummately and-now this is the
part that might get your...ahem ...fidgeting in your pants-an
enticing and mouth-watering little hole is bored right in the centre
before gently releasing it into the frying pan containing crackling
and bubbling hot oil...And the aroma that emanates from the pan is
bound to whet the most jaded of appetites…

A Friendly tip: This lip-smacking dish's deliciousness is heightened
only when it's sumptuously drenched in and oozes oil and when one has
momentarily lost the memory of their diet regimen...

You must've sampled the vada at least once in your lifetime if not I
strongly recommend you do it the first thing the next time you trawl
around and happen to swing by (to want to test out)a restaurant; the
well-known Indian delicatessens of this dish are the Udipi
restaurants.

Ohhh...am beginning to feel peckish myself... (am slavering already)!!

PS- And oh by the bye, as far as my knowledge goes or whenever I've
watched them being made, the holes were made with (no you naughty
little perv not with the middle finger ) the pointing finger...

http://mail.yahoo.com

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the link opens

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

For Parties and events go to: http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Archives are at http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html