ashi hi banva banvi is a lovveellyy film... and i have loved it myself. The
central idea of the film revolves around four guys looking for a house. The
owner however is an old lady who wants only couples as her paying guests. So,
two of them dress up as pretty ladies and the story continues.. its hilarious.
the film stars Lakshmikant Berde - Ashok Saraf, <SOMEBODY> - Sachin, Ashwini
Bhave, Nivedita Joshi, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Priya Arun. (I dont think we had
Varsha Usgaonkar in the film..)
Sachin looks REALLY PRETTY as the 'dhaakti vahini'.
Sachin and Supriya who played each others' love interest in the film married
each other later...so was the case with Lakshmikant and Priya.

But then ''marathi movies - a treat in itselves''.. i dont think i agree much.
There are many good comedy movies. I havent seen any of the Black n white
marathi movies, so i cant comment. But then, the 'Alka Kubal' types 'bangdya ,
kunku and maajha pati' movies dont go well with me... and ya, have u seen
Mahesh Kothare's recent 'Pachhadlela'.. i LOVED IT.. it wasnt scary as one
would expect, but it was very entertaining!!

its nice to see that ppl here like marathi movies...
bbye
love,
aadi

Sahil Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes "Ashi Hi Banva Banvi" is really worth a Watch. (but for Marathi Humor
loving guys only)
I had seen it several years be4 (maybe 8 or so) at Plaza Theatre in Dadar & I
think it starrs Ashok Saraf, Late Laxmikant Berde & about the heroine
..........hmmmmmmm if Im not mistaken it was Varsha Usgaonkar's first Intro
movie??? (plss clear if someone has seen this movie)
I did love it that time of the Era, but I think now it wont have the Gammat
(means Fun in marathi) as be4, or as I said be4 only see it if you like the
typical marathi comedy.
Malaa tar faar Aavadlees...........Tumhee loka swathaah baghun ghyaa aani
nantar saanga!!
(I loved it, but U guys see it for yourselves & then say)
But not to forget, I did love Ashok Saraf & Savita Prabhune's Kharaa
Vaarasdaar! It is based on our Hindi Ram & Shyaam theory.................
Did love Savita's acting in it & I think she did get a award for that film!!
Say what.................?????
anymore to add in Marathi movies..........??
PS: I love marathi language & movies a lot, somehow I like the charm in its
literature.
I still cant forget watching Sant Dyaaneshwar on the Black & white TV at home
on saturday evenings during those Old B/W movie days..........or in my
childhood days!
What a treat to hear that good & lovabe Marathi those days.
Thanks a millions to Shri late V. Shantaram & others who kept it ALIVE & took
it Ahead.
I dont get a chance to watch any marathi movie here in Saudi arabia (am Sad) :(
anyways something is better than nothing..................
So, guys who all do like marathi movies, can go ahead & add more here.
Cheers to,
Aaplyaa sarvaanchi hi Banvaa Banvi!!!
S.A.H.I.L

nicky b <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi guys & gals...
hey i just saw a old Marathi movie named Ashi Hi Banwa Banwi
its realy a pain in ur whole body, its a really good movie to see... dont worry
if u dont know Marathi, u'l stil enjoy it... i cant tel u whats the story or
whos the actor's or anything els about the movie.. u see it and tell me did u
liked it?
well this is Nicky singing off.
with lods of love and kisses...
Nicky

NEW CLASSIFIEDS SECTION
SEEKING FRIENDS? VISIT
www.gaybombay.info
click on classified section and type your message in the post section once the
link opens

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

For Parties and events go to:
http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,04497/srt,0/gaybombaygroup/?v=42&POS=
Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Archives are at