thanks john for your  response....... but u have thouroughly misunderstood  my intention. my reply is written within the ur body of mail in bold letters ........to make a consciesed effort to address the issues that u have raised.
john haddock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I suggest that this contribution by <priyom dey> from the British Health Protection agency is load of hogwash.

well it is not my contribution ......got is as an attachment from my friend and subsequently thought to share it

I cannot believe it is posted with the intent to encourage gays to celebrate and accept their sexuality, but rather to prick us again with the same 'shame stick' that has been stuck into our souls for the last 2000 years.

If that is its intent, let me encourage you all to defy its advice.

i posted the article keeping no conclusion in mind
it is beyond doubt that a society of freesex is desirable. but my dear friend with freedom comes responsibility. since we gays enjoy sexual freedom the most in the society, it is our resposibility that we learn to nourish and enrich it and yet keep in mind that we should not head to utter chaos............... how to achieve that is an open question ? i hope ppl will come out with their opinions.
This spurious piece of nonsense is taken out of context from a paper dealing in great depth with sexual activity in the British Isles. It is extremely important that governments of the world correctly assess the sexual activities of their peoples. This way they can forecast health care needs and birth rates. The Indian government makes a pigs meal of this assessment regularly.  I cannot help but think that this governing care is not the major concern that drives 'priyom dey' to post this....or maybe i just have a suspicious mind.

i just thought to share it with rest of the group keeping no prejudice in mind

The fabricated view point that this truncated message gives is that the British government is preaching to its populous that they should abstain from sex before marriage.
They are not, and they do not.
The only governments who do that are self righteous entities like the UAE, Iran etc.

i have very little idea about what the british govt preaches and what what it does not ....... i will try to know the source of that article

In western countries the stigma of illicit sexual congress has gradually receeded under unlightened laws, and therefore the health ramifications of sexual activity are now able to be truely monitered.
In countries like India and Pakistan, where sexuality is a socially tainted activity, true health assessment is impossible because of the consequences of telling the truth.
You don't admit to rape.
You don't admit to sodomy.
You don't admit to incest.
You don't admit to pedophilia. The result is rampant sexual abuse, misogynic law making, and creeping, unmonitered, untreated sexual plagues.

very true ......... ppl are trying their very best to change that attitude of governence

Apart from this is the social stigma. I have a friend In Rawalpindi who has lost all through having loved a man for 12 years, then finally given into his desires and lain with him. He has lost business, money, acceptance, friends....and now the earthquake has finished off what his 'friend' did not.

I denounce anyone who tries to supplant free and accepted sexuality with the chains of 'abstainence'.
If abstainence means acceptance, then it also means every Indian should wear white make up for acceptance into the Oxford Law school and change his/her name to its anglicized form.
Just another form of prejudice, clothed in sweet smelling clothing.

at last i must say that the future generation will look at gay history in search of consequences of sexual freedom. after all a sexually free society is the future............  why not make it better . others please feel free to post your opinions

angry

please dont be ............because if you be angry you will stop thinking

John (Sydney Australia)

sincerely

ankur

priyom dey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

UK urges young people to avoid sex

By Sarah Boseley, Dec 2004

London: Young people should be encouraged to consider
abstaining from sex
outside marriage as one of the options for protecting
themselves against
the epidemic of sexually transmitted infections
sweeping the UK, the
British Health Protection Agency (HPA) suggested
yesterday.

Figures from the HPA, released in its annual report
yesterday, show that
teenagers and young people are disproportionately
affected by infections
such as chlamydia, which can make women infertile, and
gonorrhoea. A
television advertising campaign to try to change the
sexual (and its
related social) behaviour of young people will be
launched in the spring,
the UK government said yesterday. The pounds Sterling
50m campaign will be
as big as that of the 1980s which alerted people to
the dangers of Aids
with graphic images of tombstones and icebergs.

It comes at a time when there is concern about the
ignorance and
carelessness of teenagers and young adults towards sex
and an alarming
rise of sex outside marriage. Chlamydia, gonorrhoea
and genital warts are
all commonest in women aged 16-21 and men aged 20-26,
according to the HPA
report.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Yahoo! Personals

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]