Tapesh
London
===============================
essage Received: Jan 08 2006, 06:02 AM
From: "rusell rock"
To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: g_b GB London sharing accomodation..

Thanks buddy,

can u email me any freinds email id in UK.I want further guidence in respect of
accomodation.

Thk U.

walnut wrote: Hay buddy,

I have stayed in London for more than 2 years...and since its your first
time...take care of following things before your travel:

1] Carry thick wollen sweaters, jackets, caps to cover your head and ears as
well...its a winter season and u will be frozen to wood...so better take
adequate thermal clothing.
2] After u settle there get registered in NHS which takes care of ur medical
expenses free of cost..Note that NHS is mandatory for everyone staying for more
than 6 Months in UK.
3] Have a Overseas Travel Insurance done before you travel
4] Take all the require d medicines in huge stocks along with detailed
precription of your doctor. Medicines that are rarely used are also of atmost
importance. Since its a cold country, dieseases like migrane, sinus, small-pox,
chicken pox, cold nose, asthma are the common ones....so if u have had any of
these dieseases in the history better to take adequate medicines in stock along
with u.
5] Take travellers cheques instead of hard cash.
6] If u r travelling by British Airways then they are very strict on the
luggage limits so weigh your baggage b4 u take it to the airport.
7] If you plan to stay outskirts of London, then Hounslow or Wimbly would be
the better place to stay as you find most of our Indian community and cheaper
accomodations and good Indian restaurants.
8] If you plan to cook on your own then take some Home made spices and MASALAs
with you ...but dont take commonly used spices such as chilli, and garlic and
turmeric...u get alsmot every thing in UK.
9] Always carry c c opy of ur passport and some identification proof and names
and contact details of the people in UK with u....even though UK is not a
resists country...u may come across such situation at few places...so try not
to roam around when u r alone....
10] Follow traffic rules and cleanliness....

Thats all for the moment...let me know if u need any help...and I will try and
ask some of my friends to help u out in UK. (Plz. bare in mind....they are all
straight friends) so u need to keep ur mouth shut ..just kidding...

Wish U all the best and happy travelling Walnut

rusell rock wrote:

Dear All,

Indian leaving from india to London on 11th jan for further studies.Looking for
gay sharing accomodation in London.

N1 let me know wht to carry from india ,a list of things,tips on travel etc
would be really appreciated.

LV Joye..

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html